[lbo-talk] black man? Are you kidding me?

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Tue Feb 19 07:52:14 PST 2008

On Tuesday 19 February 2008 10:09:55 Charles Brown wrote:

> Really? That man is a grade A idiot, isn't he?
>
> ^^^
> Is grade A smarter or dumber than grade B ?

I think we need an open-ended logarithmic scale, like decibels or the Richter scale. There is no limit to idiocy -- as Obamamania shows.

Perhaps we should call it the Rosenthal scale, after the late unlamented NY Times editor. The scale is calibrated so Rosenthal himself is a 10. The Rosenthal rating equals the logarithm of the product of quantity, emotional intensity, and the inverse of originality:

R = log (Q * I * 1/O)