[lbo-talk] troop size

abu hartal abuhartal at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 19 10:18:37 PST 2008

Obama's withdrawal of support for the Palestinians is most troubling, but at least he has said some progressive things in the past. And Brzeninski is hated by right wing Israelis, but yes there is much to be concerned about here. I can understand that this would be a deal breaker for some. His absence of comments on behalf of the Palestinians pains and troubles me, but I think he is more likely to do good in office than Clinton or McCain. I share that estimate with Stephen Zunes. As I understand it, Hilary is not willing to open full diplomatic relations with Iran and Syria, so her talk of a regional solution cannot be serious. Obama has also said no permanent bases in Iraq; perhaps I missed a similar statement from Hilary. But let's talk nuclear non proliferation, humanitarian assistance to the Iraqi people, respect for the Security Council in the execution of wars and regime change. Let's see whether there are obvious and important differences. Abu Hartal _________________________________________________________________ Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/