[lbo-talk] Obama/Clinton

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Feb 19 13:10:16 PST 2008

Dennis Claxton wrote:

> >On Feb 19, 2008, at 6:01 AM, abu hartal wrote:
> >
> > > Obama has not threatened to invade and occupy a country that votes
> > > in the wrong government.
> >
> >Doing so is part of a president's job description; his personal
> >preferences hardly matter. What is this fetish of the individual?
> >Certainly there are differences of party, personality, faction, etc.,
> >but on the right of the U.S. to tell the rest of the world what to
> >do, that's a given.
> >
> >Doug

Immediately after the assassinatin of Bhutto there was a large to-do concerning what if Pakistan's nuclear weapons fell into the hands of a "Islamist" government; my memory is that Obama suggested that under such conditions it would be appropriate to send u.s. troops to Pakistan. Can anyone confirm or disconfirm that memory?

Carrol