[lbo-talk] Obama/Clinton

abu hartal abuhartal at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 19 13:47:46 PST 2008

On Feb 19, 2008, at 1:18 PM, abu hartal wrote:

> Obama's withdrawal of support for the Palestinians is most
> troubling, but at least he has said some progressive things in the
> past.

Which should give you pause about the allegedly "progressive" things he's saying in the present, whatever those might be.

Doug

It should give you pause that two advisors in Obama's inner circle have praised the Mearscheimer and Walt paper-- Samantha Power and Zbigniew Brzezinski. Obama's courage in regards to Israel makes him stand far above Clinton and McCain. He again is the only candidate who recognizes the humanity of suffering Arabs, calling the Palestinians the people suffering most of all. This election is really a no brainer. Even with Cuba he seems to be the only candidate talking about a real normalization of relations. Why would we squander this opportunity? I hope others have the time to debate foreign policy on this list (my time already ran out for more discussion). That is what this election is about--foreign policy-- and that is why Obama is pulling ahead. People are sick and scared of lies and war. Obama needs our support. Change is possible. Watch for the manipulation of super-delegates. It's Obama vs. Empire. Abu Hartal

_________________________________________________________________ Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/