[lbo-talk] Unproductive labor

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Tue Feb 19 14:51:25 PST 2008

-----Original Message----- From: andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com>

I give up. No one wants to talk about capitalism, just about hypothetical postcapitalist societies. Wonder why not.

==========

My plan is working :-)

Yes, let's talk about capitalism and the current political-ecological mess we

and our kids have to deal with. You know, 21st century problems with 21st

century thinking or at least try to figure out what 21st century political thinking

-curse the singular- consists of/in.

Ian

How about shorter work time? But that would be 'unproductive labor'...unproductive of surplus value as Marx pointed out in the passage, because our time as producers wouldn't be being used to cut down rain forests, drive endless to work and back, produce a bunch of un-needed gadgets and ads and banking transactions because it would drive wages up to high and lower profit margins.

Mike B)

http://www.iww.org.au/node/10 "Would you have freedom from wage-slavery.." Joe Hill http://www.iww.org/en/join

Get the name you always wanted with the new y7mail email address. www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail