[lbo-talk] Steve Nash Reads the Manifesto

Ismail Lagardien ilagardien at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 23:21:19 PST 2008

apropos of nothing said on this list....

He may support one of the two football teams I hate the most (the last vestige of tribalism i hold onto)... but Steve Nash is a wonderfully refreshing presence in the NBA. He reads the Communist Manifesto and spoke out against the Occupation of Iraq.

'I'm not some Yank who wants to make a profit. I just want to see Spurs succeed'

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2257929,00.html

But then again, Javier Zanetti (Argentinian, who plays in Italy) is an outspoken supporter of the Zapatistas - among other left-wing causes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javier_Zanetti

__________________________________________________________ Sent from Yahoo! Mail - a smarter inbox http://uk.mail.yahoo.com