[lbo-talk] Hillary works the night shift

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Feb 20 07:58:01 PST 2008

[from The Note]

And while we're straining credulity . . . Clinton's new ad extends her appeal to the working class: "She's worked the night shift, too," the voice-over says. The backup for that claim? They don't roll out cots for senators for daytime naps. (And we're pretty sure she pulled all-nighters at Wellesley, too.) It turns out that -- actually, technically -- Clinton never worked the "night shift," her campaign concedes. "As the image on the screen makes pretty clear it is a reference to her habit of working late into the night," Clinton spokesman Jay Carson tells ABC's Kate Snow.