[lbo-talk] Obama & the white guys

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Feb 20 09:17:19 PST 2008

The primary form which racism (i.e., the ideology which explains and defends the current forms of white supremacy) takes at the present time is belief that racism is no longer a central fact of u.s. society, and that in turn involves reducing racism to personal bigotry. Chris and Wojtek are textbook models of the form which personal racism takes under these conditions. I am quite willing to believe that both are free of bigotry -- which is why they are such valuable defenders of structural racism

Carrol