[lbo-talk] Obama & the white guys

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 20 09:30:35 PST 2008

>[WS:] Could you actually show to a non-believer what
>those normative rules are in a matter of fact way? Or
>to be more precise, demonstrate that these are
>*structural* rules developed by one group and imposed
>on another rather than individual choices?
>
>This is a bona fide query. Treat as if you were to
>explain something you know to an outsider or a
>foreigner. Although I got off the boat some 27 years
>ago, I honestly do not see those structural racist
>norms that you mention

You want the work done for you? It takes about 27 years to figure it out and I would think a foreigner has a leg up on a native. Seeing it takes talking to people, reading books, watching movies, going out of your way a little, just like you learn anything else.

>I honestly do not see those structural racist
>norms that you mention - just I do not see god, jesus,
>angels and so on.

This belies your claim that you are making a bona fide query.