[lbo-talk] Guy tried what Ehrenreich did in Nickel & Dimed, finds it's no problem, doesn't know what big deal is

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 20 10:04:51 PST 2008

>--- "B." <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Here's something from the Dept. of Horatio Alger:
> >

>Would your project have changed if you'd had
>child-care payments or been required to report to a
>probation officer? Wouldn't that have made it much
>harder?
>
>The question isn't whether I would have been able to
>succeed. I think it's the attitude that I take in:
>"I've got child care. I've got a probation officer.
>I've got all these bills. Now what am I going to do?
>Am I going to continue to go out to eat and put rims
>on my Cadillac? Or am I going to make some things
>happen in my life...?"

Asshole. If he really did have an alcoholic father and drug addicted mother like he told people chances are very good he'd have a probation officer because he'd have a drug problem of his own.

The chances would be greater if he was black of course. Lucky for him he chose to be white.

And "rims on my Cadillac"? Asshole