[lbo-talk] Obama & the white guys

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 10:46:11 PST 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 10:52 AM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> On Feb 20, 2008, at 10:16 AM, B. wrote:
>
> > Does Karl Rove still have his "Obama '08"
> > bumper sticker on his car -- as he seems to hope that
> > is who'll win, thinking it'll assure a GOP victory?
>
> Watching him on Fox last night - and it's great to have him as a
> pundit now, the guy really knows his shit -
>
> Doug

This is not a rhetorical question :

What in the world does Rove know?

When ever I read quotes from him I always think "he is the guy who believes he is smart but gets by on pure arrogance and a bit of bullying." I probably miss something or can't hear something that others hear and don't miss because I have heard Rove called smart in the past. But what is it that I miss and can't hear? Perhaps I just think that people like Rove who bully their way to "knowledge" (Rumsfeld comes to mind) are fundamentally without knowledge.

Jerry