[lbo-talk] Obama & the white guy

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Wed Feb 20 12:27:35 PST 2008

> That is, he would, I'm sure, have agreed that people should be as
> tight with their shit as they possibly can be. What does that mean?
> Get the best education you can, avoid legal entanglements, boost hood
> rats from your life, wrap your rascal prior to sweet, sweet lovin,
> etc.

but it's not just what you say below. what IF everyone made good decisions? there wouldn't be enough jobs around for all the college-degreed folks with no jail time, juvenile deliquency, early pregnancy, etc. etc.

if everyone stayed out of jail, imagine all those people on the job market. if everyone kept their nose clean and stayed out of the underground economy, imagine all those people competing for jobs.

imagine.

Yes, my argument here is that it all ultimately *does* boil down to capitalism -- class society.

In the meantime, for every fucker that declares that it's a matter of keeping your nose clean -- that oppression has nothing to do with institutional norms ("playing by the rules" which is a joke since, since when is keeping your money in a bank account good for *this* freakin economy. sincw when is saving every penny and reusing throw away shit good for THIS economy?) ... for every fucker that thinks this, they are simply enoucraging people to buy into a bullshit system.

this emphatically DOES NOT mean I teach my son or advise my buddy at work to not play by the rules, keep his nose clearn, work hard, come in early, study late. That's exactly what I teach them, but I also try to provide them with other insights, other ways to think about it, etc. etc.

shag http://cleandraws.com Wear Clean Draws ('coz there's 5 million ways to kill a CEO)