[lbo-talk] Obama & the white guys

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 17:52:14 PST 2008

I suppose the argument could be made that the structural disadvantage is one that accrues to people from poor families. Thus people with black skin would tend to be at a greater disadvantage than those with white skin, given that they are more likely to come from poor families for obvious historical reasons. However, it would be racist only in an accidental sense ("accidental" in the Aristotelian sense of the term).

--- Julio Huato <juliohuato at gmail.com> wrote:

If we rule
> out the assumption
> that Blacks inherently prefer to be at disadvantage,
> then the
> disadvantage is structural. This argument has been
> made, I'm sure,
> that people love their oppression and "freely"
> choose to reproduce it.
> If that's so, then how did Blacks get to "freely"
> prefer
> disadvantages over advantages, bads over goods?

Mataiotes mataioteton, eipen ho Ekklasiastes, mataiotes mataioteton, ta panta mataiotes.

____________________________________________________________________________________ Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping