[lbo-talk] Obama & the white guy

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Thu Feb 21 07:04:20 PST 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 01:18:23PM -0800, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> [Ws:] That is an intersting empirical question which,
> unfortunately, we cannot answer because we are not in
> a situation that everyone is making the right
> decisions - so we cannot observe what would happen.

Actually, it is more than that. We cannot know the answer because the institutions involved - the criminal justice system, the prison system, those in collusion and who benefit from the drug war - like religious instutions, police, local governments, legal drug corporations, bomb manufacturers, pesticide makers - all of them involved in some way - would have to

**COMPLETELY DISAPPEAR**

As long as they are there, then it is impossible for a world to exist where people *ARE ABLE* to "make the right choices". Rest assured that these institutions will find a way to convince you that someone, somewhere, is making a wrong choice.

How so?

Simply redefine what the "wrong choices" are.

Matt

-- PGP RSA Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2 yahoo msg: beyondzero123 http://blogdayafternoon.com

Let me close by telling you what I hope to get out of the national dialogue that these committees are fostering. I am not really helped by being reminded that I need more Arabic linguists or by someone second-guessing an obscure intercept sitting in our files that may make more sense today than it did two years ago. What I really need you to do is to talk to your constituents and find out where the American people want that line between security and liberty to be.

-NSA Director Michael Hayden, statement before Congress