[lbo-talk] Rove: Obama is a far leftist

joseph noonan joseph at noonan.ws
Thu Feb 21 10:12:27 PST 2008

So Doug, we ask again, we should we regard this guy as smart? Or is he just being dishonest for some political effect (pre-beating on him for the general elections because he's sure BHO will be the one?)

On the recurring theme of BHO is to the left of Clinton, I'm starting to wonder if there is some racism going on there. I commute 45 minutes each way every day and listen to spoken word radio all the way in both directions. I listen to a *lot* of AM talk radio and it is taken as gospel by all of the wingnuts that BHO is faaarrr to the left of HRC. But we saw an analysis on this list the other day comparing 50 votes in which they each cast a vote in the Senate and the only one where they voted different, he voted to the right of HRC. Is there some kind of "he's black, he must be a radical" thing going on? I don't know, but I find it very weird to have him assessed as fffaaarrr to the right of HRC.

In other Houston news, BHO stuffed the Toyota center with 18-20,000 people people Tuesday and had people on the sidewalk watching on video screens put out there for the overflow. I had considered going to see the magic in action, but it was sold out two days before the event.

Billy was at the Hofheinz Pavilion at the UofH with 2000. Somebody get the fork for HRC.

-- "Humanity will not be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."

(Voltaire)