[lbo-talk] Rove: Obama is a far leftist

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 11:11:18 PST 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 1:07 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> On Feb 21, 2008, at 12:11 PM, Jerry Monaco wrote:
>

> The guy engineered a vicious numbskull's rise from worthless party
> boy to chief executive of the world bourgeoisie. He's not Ernest
> Mandel or Adolph Reed, for sure.
>
> > Emptiness, all we get is emptiness. Emptiness from Obama,
> > emptiness from
> > McCain. Emptiness filling the belly of the young child in the slum
> > and
> > emptiness filling the brain of every Clintonian. The emptiness of
> > no-politics and the emptiness of the nobodaddy of the New York
> > Timesman.
> > The emptiness of the LBObamarama and the emptiness of the Big O of
> > the next
> > bimbo eruption. But most of all the emptiness of the eternal limbo of
> > election year gossip, gossip, gossip.
>
> So fill the emptiness with some profundity. Your analysis isn't much
> more substantial than that which you're criticizing.

Nothing written in the mainstream media about Obama or Clinton is political or even anti-political. It is all gossip and advertising of one sort or another. The responses on LBO have been similar. I am not asking you to analyze Obama or McCain the way Marx analyzed the Great Louis Cypher Napoleon but what is there to say? Should we write an analysis of the latest soap commercial? How about an economic analysis of the receipts for the latest Hollywood blockbuster? Or a deconstruction of the latest Hollywood Romance or divorce or Lohan or Spears public displays? All of this would have more intellectual and factual content than what than the analysis of this political season.

Take Obama's famous statement about Pakistan. He is blamed for it but shouldn't he simply be blamed for letting the cat out of the bag? It's what we do anyway and yet nobody covers it. The "secret" war in Pakistan is simply ignored by everybody even our wonderful leftists. Who really cares? Better a ban on talking about Obama than talking about Iran.

The presidential season is certainly bullshit on stilts! God's Wounds!