[lbo-talk] Narrative and model, was Obama & white guys

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 21:16:14 PST 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 6:16 PM, Chuck Grimes <cgrimes at rawbw.com> wrote:

> THE NARRATIVE
>
> I am going to arrange this post as a narrative followed by a discussion
> of several models.

Thanks. This was a really informative and thoughtful post. I don't know what effect it will have on the discussion, but it has given me a lot to think about and I really appreciate your taking the time to make this contribution. I'm not really sure why Woj keeps hammering away at the choice bit, but I think observations like yours go a long way towards creating those very productive circumstances in which a beautiful theory is assaulted by a gang of brutal facts. Your return at the end, from the concrete back to the abstract, with the model of a contour map, really clicked for me as well. Very nicely done.