[lbo-talk] Extant film footage of Nietzsche: Real or fake?

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 12:44:17 PST 2008

I might end up asking Snopes.com to look into this, but:--

Eerie footage of Nietzsche in his last year(s), confined to sickbed:

http://www.cultpunk.com/?p=297

Or, if that footage seems too suspect, this footage looks a lot more authentic to me, something I found after poking around and uploading onto YouTube myself:

http://www.cultpunk.com/?p=298

Until seeing the first of these, thanks to a list member, I'd had no idea that Nietzsche was ever filmed in anyway. I guess it's still up in the air. But the second film, especially, looks authentic to me.

-B.