[lbo-talk] Obama/Clinton

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Sat Feb 23 11:39:15 PST 2008

Shane Mage wrote:
> What a brilliant idea--bar LBO discussion of the one topic that,
> admit it or not, is on the mind of everybody with even the
> faintest shred of interest in politics!

If this is your notion of a "core" political issue, you're making Carrol's point. The presidential election will have little or no impact on the basic political problems of our society (social stratification, institutional discrimination, bureaucratic inertia). Assuming that some "great man" (or woman) is going to get elected and "change things" is hyperindividualist ideology through and through.

Miles