[lbo-talk] Obama & the white guys

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sat Feb 23 15:23:48 PST 2008

Julio Huato wrote:
> That said, I'm under the strong impression that if
> each of these influences were isolated and measured, it'd turn out
> that a large part of the oppression of Blacks is economic. But that's
> just my impression.

"economic" is such a big umbrella. My sense is that one of the big differences between the black poor and the white poor is that blacks are much more likely to wind up in prison than whites, that will definitely impact their ability to get work and the kind of work they'll be able to get.

So, the effect will look economic...but the cause is racial prejudice.

Joanna