[lbo-talk] Samantha Power

abu hartal abuhartal at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 23 18:57:09 PST 2008

Wendy, Eqbal Ahmad too thought that NATO should have taken action earlier against Milosevic. Samantha Power has spoken of the need for active peacekeeping forces in situations of generalized ethnic hatred, so I can't imagine that she does not think the bombing should have been coupled with ground troop deployments to protect minorities in Kosovo. But I haven't read the book. Now not to let Obama off the hook on the most important foreign policy question of our time, I think there is some evidence that in spite of his rejection of Kyl Lieberman Obama may not provide any more resistance to this most dangerous doctrine than Hillary would. But we should not take a chance that his rejection of Kyl Lieberman does not make a difference

http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/james_k_galbraith/2008/01/a_criminal_idea.html

Abu _________________________________________________________________ Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/