[lbo-talk] Samantha Power

abu hartal abuhartal at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 23 19:20:09 PST 2008

On Feb 23, 2008, at 9:25 PM, abu hartal wrote:

> we are supposed to hate Samantha Power

Yeah, why not?

_______________ Because the self proclaimed Marxists' heated rhetoric of calling her all but an imperial social fascist is politically stupid, and inaccurate. She is not a fascist because she accurately thought Milosevic a demagogic fascist and aggressive nationalist. I understand that the Marxists say that she is the leading voice of the new humanitarian imperialism but she has been a loud critic of the US occupation of Iraq (as well as it seems Israel's war against Lebanon). What kind of imperialist is this? I am sure McCain would be happy to have a restraining order against her. And the point is that Milosevic created for the world a dilemma of choosing between the sovereignty of nation state and respect for the human rights of minorities,between he United Nations Charter which prohibits the forceful violation of state sovereignty and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Power recognizes that there was no easy choice here. i wish the Marxists were a little more circumspect here.

Abu Hartal _________________________________________________________________ Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/