[lbo-talk] Modern-day slavery...

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Sun Feb 24 01:47:24 PST 2008

slavery/work

chained whipped brutalized with no life of their/our own working the fields/offices all day yes baas, no baas losing wives, babies the one shot in the head by that boer farmer "not guilty, not political" said the apartheid judge losing lives, losing everything losing time, losing creativity to bureacracy to middle-class worries following the north star following the stock markets coming this way this way to escape freedom find it must find it before we get caught, burned, lost before i get caught in the modern-day slavery work

Norman G. Kester

***************************** "The one tendency throws the labourers on to the streets and makes a part of the population redundant, and the absorbs them again and extends wage-slavery absolutely, so that the lot of the worker is always fluctuating but he never escapes from it. The worker, therefore, justifiably regards the development of the productive power of his own labour as hostile to himself; the capitalist, on the other hand, always treats him as an element to be eliminated from production".

Marx, THEORIES OF SURPLUS VALUE II, page 503.

Mike B)

http://www.iww.org.au/node/10 "Would you have freedom from wage-slavery.." Joe Hill http://www.iww.org/en/join

Get the name you always wanted with the new y7mail email address. www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail