[lbo-talk] Samantha Power

Wendy Lyon wendy.lyon at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 03:23:17 PST 2008

On 24/02/2008, abu hartal <abuhartal at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I think you're mistaking the priority Power gave to containing Milosevic's aggression for a disinterest in the fate of minorities in Kosovo and Bosnia.

Actually I said "Kosovo and Croatia" and that's an important difference. In a book supposedly devoted to ethnic cleansing in the Balkan (among other) Wars, there can be little justification for ignoring an expulsion the size of the one that took place in Krajina. Actually she doesn't quite ignore it, she gives it half a paragraph and frames it as a positive development, which pretty much proves the point.

> I haven't read the book,

Yes, you've made that clear. Whereas a number of those of us who criticise Samantha Power *have* read the book. Wouldn't that suggest anything to you?