[lbo-talk] what is the new york times/which is the larger number

MICHAEL YATES mikedjyates at msn.com
Sun Feb 24 12:54:31 PST 2008

Jerry Monaco sent a long post about my post. I am not sure what points he is making. I did not say that the clerk in the grocery store and the home buyers are stupid. But you have to ask why more than a quarter of the buyers didn't know which number was larger. I doubt number dyslexia is that common. Jerry's point about the law school students and the WSJ only serves to show how widespread the lack of what should perhaps be considered common knowledge is. Or maybe I should say that it shows how willing people are to speak about things they don't know much about and how unwilling they are to take the time to learn something on their own.

Michael Yates