[lbo-talk] McFaul (was "black man? Are you kidding me?")

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 24 20:47:23 PST 2008

>Ha - from his Wikipedia entry: "McFaul achieved a score of 520 on the >verbal section of his SAT before gaining admission to Stanford in 1981."
Darnit, another fool bringing shame upon my home state of MT... having to own up to Brent Musburger is bad enough!However, the guy could score 220 on the SAT and I'd refrain from branding him an idiot. (See Jerry Monaco on Michael Yates...)

This, on the other hand:

<Following is the prepared text of the speech delivered by Michael McFaul on June 16, 2007, at (Stanford) Class Day>

"autocrats—not democrats—have become stronger in... Iran... Russia... and Venezuela"

"(over the last four years) roughly 60,000 Iraqis and over 200,000 people in Darfur have died"

"Someone sitting here right now will do for solar panels what Silicon Valley entrepreneurs did for computer chips: make them affordable for millions. And that someone will not only help to slow global warming, but they're going to make a fortune along the way!"

"Someone sitting here right now will inspire a third-grader in the South Bronx to become the first kid in his neighborhood to win a Nobel Prize in physics"

Jeezus, it's a hybrid of NED boilerplate, MacIntosh ad copy, and Obama stump speech.

Once again, life just seems more pleasant from the other side of the Pacific.

_________________________________________________________________ Shed those extra pounds with MSN and The Biggest Loser! http://biggestloser.msn.com/