[lbo-talk] GM exec stands by calling global warming a "crock"

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 25 15:20:47 PST 2008

James Heartfield wrote:
> "General Motors Corp Vice Chairman Bob Lutz has defended
> remarks he made dismissing global warming as a "total crock of s---," saying
> his views had no bearing on GM's commitment to build environmentally
> friendly vehicles."
>
> well, of course, he's right. Corporations are making a fortune out of
> environmentalism, flogging us Green Capitalism -
> as I explain in my new book,

Yea, I get my environmental information from Bob Lutz. He's much better informed than the IPCC on this issue. Philip Morris execs used to tell us smoking doesn't cause cancer and so of course I believed that too! Those tobacco bastards went and changed their mind on that but I'm still planning on sticking with Lutz on this one.

John Thornton