[lbo-talk] whom Americans wouldn't vote for

W. Kiernan wkiernan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 17:23:14 PST 2008

Doug Henwood wrote:

> An atheist 65%

> Someone in "their" 70s 50

> Muslim 48

> Homosexual 46

> Mormon 32

> Hispanic 15

> Woman 11

> Black 4

Thus statistics show that I, a male American of 100% Western European extraction (so you'd ordinarily think I'd be esteemed as the very pinnacle of human development) rate lower in the eyes of my countrymen than either a gay black woman or a black muslim! Woo yeah, I am so bad!

This is making the most conservative arithmetic assumption that the rejecting classes do not overlap at all.

O the injustitude, when after all it's not something I can do anything at all about, for as Shelley said, belief is not an action but a passion.

On the plus side, I am free to walk the streets in bare daylight, darkest evil concealed inside my jacket, and no decent American suspects a thing, just like that crazy nitroglycerin dude in "The Secret Agent."

Excellent, mwa ha ha, _excellent_!

Yours WD "666" K