[lbo-talk] whom Americans wouldn't vote for

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Feb 25 18:40:39 PST 2008

Doug Henwood wrote:

> I posted an article on psychological experiments along those lines
> the other day. The conclusion was that sexism is more intractable
> than racism, at least in experimental situations.

My general sense for a long time has been that racism is more _acute_, more immediate, but that as you write here, sexism is more intractable, "deeper" as it were.

Put every black family in a decent home, a guaranteed job with a guaranteed income (WPA style). Force a large amount of residential integration. Moe schools about so school integration is automatic. In other words, eliminate the major material factors which regenerate racism, and it would quickly disappear. There is no such path to the elimination of male supremacy.

Carrol