[lbo-talk] Economics Professor Rick Wolff on Steal This Radio, Thursday Feb. 28

Mitchel Cohen mitchelcohen at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 26 22:17:33 PST 2008

Tune into Steal This Radio to hear Rick Wolff -- economics professor at U. Mass/Amherst, and co-founder of Re-Thinking Marxism journal -- talk about capitalism's global economic crisis and what that means for us, and numerous other topics from a Marxist perspective, in a wide-ranging interview with STR hosts Diana Tackett and Mitchel Cohen.

Thursday, Feb. 28 at 11 a.m. Tuesday, March 4, at 6 pm

Go to TribecaRadio.net at those times and click on "Listen Live".

After those dates, you can hear the show in the archives, by clicking "Podcast" for Steal This Radio #32.

Also, Mitchel Cohen recites his poem: "Emulating Marx":

EMULATING MARX

I am becoming more like Marx every day

My belly is growing, and my beard is turning gray.

I have no money, and while thus far I have been spared

The famed boils on my buttocks I have no doubt

My constipation is but its prelude, and I think about

French pornography, police, the working class and all the weird

Formulaic elegies and witches' brews of dubious distinc-

Tion that Gorbachev et al. are forcing us to drink.

And woe to those who've sold their souls for trinkets,

The thrill of market victory, and the agony of deceit.

I am becoming more like Lenin every day

Balding, isolated, corpse on display

For new generations to behold and possibly to spit on!

Is nothing sacred? Is there no longer room

To predict the weave of history upon her silent loom?