[lbo-talk] Buckley

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Wed Feb 27 13:28:27 PST 2008

> >  Most people are aware of Buckley's shitty politics, but there is
> >  something that always rankled me about him in light of his high culture
> >  pretensions.

Pretty shallow, those -- he adored Wanda Landowska, for heaven's sake.

I always kinda liked the guy, though. There was something so costume-ball and silly about him -- as if he was born in some kind of prep drag.

He doesn't deserve the credit he gets for "making conservatism respectable" -- that accomplishment belongs to the liberals.

Just how gay was he? I've always wondered. Any gossip on the subject?