[lbo-talk] Turkey in radical revision of Islamic texts

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Feb 28 04:35:29 PST 2008

On Feb 27, 2008, at 11:40 PM, Michael Smith wrote:

> Doug -- do you think you're quoting, or even paraphrasing, me here?
> If so,
> I must have expressed myself badly.

Well, to take the most recent example, you said that liberals made conservatism respectable. Presumably this is a bad thing - maybe I've misunderstood and you think that's ok. But then you say cultures are conservative. So liberals would be at odds with cultures except insofar as they are conservative? And the conservatives are in harmony? I don't understand.

Doug