[lbo-talk] Antidepressants and Placebos

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at aapt.net.au
Thu Feb 28 05:38:21 PST 2008

At 4:55 AM -0800 28/2/08, Chris Doss wrote:

>They sure as hell worked for me, and I believe it was
>a placebo effect about as much as I believe that the
>loss of memory after consuming 15 scotch and sours is
>purely psychological. It's risible.

The loss of memory suffered by those who drink too much IS entirely psychological. The things we do when drunk are often things we would rather forget. So we do forget, simple as that. Its an automatic defense mechanism of the ego. Alcohol is the *ultimate* placebo.

Unless you are a serious alcoholic of course, in which case it is a physical problem of brain damage so massive that you have few brain cells spare to store ANY memories or learn any new things at all.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas