[lbo-talk] Antidepressants and Placebos

Claire Pentecost cpente at saic.edu
Thu Feb 28 07:41:33 PST 2008

I am familiar with this problem in pharmaceutical industry's research-- leaving out the trials that will not promote the drug.

But I was under the impression that when someone files for a patent on something, they are obligated to publish all their research. Somewhere i had read that the biotech companies like Monsanto had to make public all their research when they applied for a patent, or maybe it was when they are awarded the patent.

does anyone know if that is true?

claire