[lbo-talk] crises kill

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Thu Feb 28 10:01:53 PST 2008

Three or four years ago I posed the question on Pen-L as to how many people the IMF had slaaughtered. One person (I forget who) did a fairly careful calculation and came up with the tentative figure (if I remember correctly) of 22 million (I think in a 20 year period). I wish Charles and Joanna, perhaps after consulting John Lennon throug a medium) could give us some details as to how we can laugh away the next 22 million victims of the IMF.

^^^^ CB: With black humor , of course. It's a good anti-depressant , too. ^^^^^

We should like to know how that is done. Perhaps we will see the joke more clearly when the number reaches an even 100 million.

Carrol