[lbo-talk] Moby - nerd, wuss, or dick?

joseph noonan joseph at noonan.ws
Thu Feb 28 14:58:54 PST 2008

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, BklynMagus wrote:

>> I think the last two lines are the real insult
> leveled by the verse -- the rest is just, well,
> rapping.
>
> Wow, verbal gay bashing is just rapping. Thanks for
> the update.

No, it is not *just* anything.

It is rapping *and* it is gay bashing.

> And calling someone a "fag" is not a real insult.

No, that is not what I said, but do go on and enjoy yourself putting words in my mouth.

>> Do you agree with every lyric of every song you listen to?
>
> So if we do not agree that Moby is a fag, then it is not an
> insult? And if we think he is a fag, it is still not an
> insult since calling a fag a fag is no different than calling
> water wet.

Are you really this obtuse? Or is that a performance?

I have already explained that *I* thought the real insult was telling him nobody listened to his music anymore. That, traditionally, is the worst thing a rapper can say about another musician.

Are you even familiar with his actual music or just the reports of its awfulness?

That's OK, I was once like that too. I'd heard all the nice people tell me how hateful he was and since I don't approve of gay-bashing I wouldn't listen to him. But one day, Sir Elton gave me permission to listen, so I did. But he's probably self-loathing or whatever -- stupid fucking white hetero guy that he is.