[lbo-talk] jamie galbraith on buckley

MICHAEL YATES mikedjyates at msn.com
Thu Feb 28 17:27:19 PST 2008

My friend David Houston, long-time editor of the Rev. of Radical Pol. Economics, told me with amusement that some of the richer early members of URPE, who all went to the best universities, used to gossip about their school chums, social connections, etc. In much the same way that Galbraith writes about Buckley.

I read a novel JK Galbraith wrote (A Tenured Professor). For someone who so loved language, he wrote a pretty bad novel. I doubt I could bring myself to read anything by the redbaiting rat Buckley.

Jamie Galbraith and Buckley, Brad DeLong and Jean Kirkpatrick. Who will it be when Kissinger makes my day and croaks?

Michael Yates