[lbo-talk] Chavez: slow down

Paul Papadeas papadeas13 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 29 11:27:22 PST 2008

In what respect? I am not religious nor a rigid ideologist.

I was raised Greek Orthodox and obtained a MBA from a private baptist college in Raleigh, NC and attended film school funded by the NEA. So, I've seen and lived in both perspectives of capital.

I've tried to be careful NOT to fall into the trap of an all encompassing, narrow viewpoint - religious secularism.

But in the aggregate - Capitalism does more harm than good. Don't you agree?

And if so - why would you want to keep it? Is LBO in service of reforming and putting a smiley face on capitalism?

I acknowledge all of the positive aspects of capitalism from the past - but now in its late stages it has perpetuated war, poverty and economic catastrophe.

Shall I place footnotes to explain and justify all of my statements?

Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

What a totally religious statement.

--- Paul Papadeas wrote: It is the scourge of the world and the source of all of our problems.

Mataiotes mataioteton, eipen ho Ekklasiastes, mataiotes mataioteton, ta panta mataiotes.

____________________________________________________________________________________ Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ