[lbo-talk] Chavez: slow down

Paul Papadeas papadeas13 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 29 12:15:34 PST 2008

I'm not asking for an "armed" revolution. I don't think we will need one.

Personally, I like Bifo's (Italian Marxist Autonomist's) idea of autonomy for today - using the new technological/virtual plane outside of the legal/financial model towards social unification.

"All we can do is what we are actually doing already: the self-organisation of cognitive work is the only way to go beyond the psychopathic present. I don't believe that the world can be governed by Reason. The Utopia of Enlightenment has failed. But I think that the dissemination of self-organised knowledge can create a social framework containing infinite autonomous and self-reliant worlds. The process of creating the network is so complex that it cannot be governed by human reason. The global mind is too complex to be known and mastered by sub-segmental localised minds. We cannot know, we cannot control, we cannot govern the entire force of the global mind. But we can master the singular process of producing a singular world of sociality. This is autonomy today."

or David Graeber's - an excellent article on strategy against capital

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2007/10/383687.html

And not to mention - here is an interesting critical strategic review by the UK Dept of Defense of all potential issues that the current system will foster. Who is likely the greatest threat to the system? It is you and me - outside of the people living below the povery line, there are the dwindling, stressed, educated middle class with enough know how to create affinity groups and rebel.

http://www.cuttingthroughthematrix.com/articles/strat_trends_23jan07.pdf

I think there is an "army" of disenchanted people who want more - and the powers that be are worrying about us on a constant basis.

- Paul

Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

On Feb 29, 2008, at 1:40 PM, Paul Papadeas wrote:

> Bush, Obama, Clinton, Sarkozy, Chavez and Castro, all these
> messiah's of representative democracy ad nauseam should all be
> fought against tooth and nail.

Yeah? You and what army?