[lbo-talk] Chavez: slow down

Eric rayrena at realtime.net
Fri Feb 29 13:25:59 PST 2008

>Really? The Zapatistas have been at it for more than a decade with
>worldwide attention - and Mexico has had two right-wing presidents in
>a row. This anti-statist stuff, as charming as it is (and I really
>mean that), is a dead end.

I know we've been at this before, so it's probably not very productive, but oh well. You want to evaluate, eg, the Zapatistas, who are trying to create something more or less "new" in politics, but you use political criteria that are at least 100 years old? The Zapatistas want to NOT take state power, but you criticize them because of who has taken control of the Mexican state? That's doesn't make any fucking sense. The point of antistatism isn't to get elected the best possible CEO of the state. It's to practice politics that sidesteps the state as much as possible. Duh.