[lbo-talk] crises kill

Eric rayrena at realtime.net
Fri Feb 29 13:26:05 PST 2008

>The empirical/historical grounds for this are suspect. There is no
really good evidence
> There is no good evidence
>There is no good evidence

So you keep saying. I've never known you to be one for empiricism, but you are right. It's more poetry than statistics. But so what?

>Claims
>otherwise generalize from random examples IN THE SAME WAY that racist
>claims generalize from random examples.

I appreciate that intimation behind that.

>And "capitalism" has _always_ been able to absorb almost _any_ kind of
>reaction or personal traits to the needs of capital. There is no
>evidence that this has changed in any significant way.

Yes, there's nothing new under the sun. Nothing's changed since the 30s, or Marx's day, or 1650, or at whatever magical date in the past.