[lbo-talk] Allen, racism, fascism and beyond

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jan 1 11:48:27 PST 2008

On Jan 1, 2008, at 2:27 PM, Seth Ackerman wrote:

> I don't think this is actually *why* the primaries start in Iowa
> and New
> Hampshire.

No, I don't think anyone sat down and planned this. But the fact that it's turned out this way is curious, isn't it? I think it has something to do with the sense that they're the "real America." See that WashPost piece I posted this morning about how the criterion that Iowans measure candidates by is how "real" they are. To such an Iowan, neither you nor I would seem "real," though we both are.

Doug