[lbo-talk] Allen, racism, fascism and beyond

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 1 19:43:46 PST 2008

Seth Ackerman wrote:
> But you might well be right that if NM had ended up first, people would
> choose to discount its importance since it's just a bunch of spanish
> speakers down there. I do think, though, that this rhetoric about what
> is "conveniently ignored" and what "there is every reason to believe" is
> dangerous, since it has a tendency to substitute assumed truisms for
> looking at the real world.
>
> Seth

Then I'll repeat my earlier point. It's always just a happy coincidence when institutions favor whites and their opinions isn't it? I think the danger of ignoring the racism right under your nose while employing your rhetoric is a far bigger danger. But then again I'm not white so I can't see things as objectively as whites can.

John Thornton