[lbo-talk] Creeping Fascism

Chip Berlet c.berlet at publiceye.org
Tue Jan 1 19:35:44 PST 2008

I did what Michael did, tracked down as much of Mussolini's writings in English as I could find, and I ended up in the same book. I found a copy of the Encyclopedia Italiana (in Italian) and had every paragraph with anything close to "corpor" in it translated. Nothing even as direct as what Michael lists below, which is a typical sentiment from Mussolini about what he meant by fascism as the "corporate state."

If anyone else has anything more direct from Mussolini, please let me (and Michael) know.

-Chip

From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org on behalf of Michael Perelman Sent: Tue 1/1/2008 7:07 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Creeping Fascism

I tried for a while a few year's ago to locate Chip's hoax quote. This is the closest I came:

Mussolini, Benito. 1936. The Corporate State (Firenze: Vallecchi).

32: "Fascist corporate economy is the economy of individuals of associated groups and of the State."

47-8: "This fond of economy is regulated, strengthened and harmonized for the sake of collective utility, by the producers themselves -- be they employers, technicians or workers -- by means of the corporations created by the State which, representing as it does the whole nation."