[lbo-talk] Allen, racism, fascism and beyond

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 2 18:12:25 PST 2008

My own paintings are very heavily influenced by Futurism. You have to love Boccioni and Balla and Joseph Stella's Brooklyn Bridge is gorgeous beyond words. I don't consider fascism to be a necessity for Futurism. It was certainly enamored with the new machine age but wasn't tied specifically to fascism in my opinion. Influenced by fascism certainly but not integral with. I have nothing but praise for Futurism.

John Thornton