[lbo-talk] Dennis Perrin on the ecstasy of the Dems

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jan 4 08:56:26 PST 2008

On Jan 4, 2008, at 11:25 AM, Dwayne Monroe wrote, after citing Dennis' excellent comments:

> This is a sentence no one should ever use - even if "the future" has,
> in fact arrived. Although, on second thought, she may be onto
> something. Obama's post-everything, togetherness-via-neoliberalism
> message of ambiguously described tommorowhood may indeed be the next
> phase of American power politics.

I'll post my Obama-bashing interview with Glen Ford later today, but I'll say this: the key to Obama's appeal, says Ford, is that he makes white people think that race doesn't matter anymore, which makes them feel good all over. A white politician couldn't get away with that argument; Obama can.

Doug