[lbo-talk] Dennis Perrin on the ecstasy of the Dems

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Fri Jan 4 11:28:35 PST 2008

Charles Brown wrote:

> CB: Obama doesn't have a racist message , whatever he's saying about
> race doesn't matter; regardless of the white voters' motives, the
> defacto vote for him is anti-racist and therefore "anti-fascist".
> (The anti-fascist aspect is not the major question of the day , though.
> It's kind of a minor issue. I'm just responding to the thread topic or
> subtopic.)

Anyone who implies or contends that "race doesn't matter" in the U. S. is engaging in racist rhetoric. I see no difference between Obama and someone like Ward Connelly in this respect: they both advocate a "colorblind society", and in doing so, they obscure the actual racial discrimination woven into our society. To put it bluntly, a vote for Obama is a vote in support of the racist status quo, regardless of the color of his skin.

Miles