[lbo-talk] Dennis Perrin on the ecstasy of the Dems

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 4 11:49:32 PST 2008

Here's one account:

Published on Wednesday, August 1, 2007 by the Telegraph/UK

Obama ‘Would Send Troops into Pakistan’

by Emma Henry and agencies

Barack Obama, the Democratic presidential candidate, has said that he would send troops into Pakistan to hunt down terrorists, a week after chief rival Hillary Clinton described his foreign policy skills as naive... [See <http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/08/01/2907/>.]

[Interestingly, Clinton said his naivety in this matter came from his failure to recognize the need to dissemble, which apparently she's mastered: "You can think big but remember you shouldn't always say everything you think when you're running for president because it could have consequences across the world and we don't need that right now," said Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y.] --CGE