[lbo-talk] Edwards for Change

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 4 13:24:58 PST 2008

J Cullen wrote:
> I see that many of you believe that Barack Obama is an imperfect
> vessel. What do you think of John Edwards, who has been driving much
> of the rhetoric in Iowa with his populist criticism of corporate
> control of government?

I'll take Edwards over Obama any day. I am also feeling a bit guilty that I hoped a certain racist/sexist element would help Edwards in Iowa in that in the end the old prejudices against women and minorities would help move Edwards to the top of the field. I believe he is the most progressive candidate of the 3 Dems but it's ugly to hope for a victory based on such things. In the end I care less why a progressive candidate gets elected than that they simply get elected. If that makes me too calculating in some people's minds, Oh well.

John Thornton