[lbo-talk] Naked Nazis

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Jan 4 13:36:06 PST 2008

Dennis Perrin wrote:

> In any event, the way he showed up those German crackers was marvelous.

What do you know of his later career? I'm curious because I saw him once, when I was about 7 or 8, and in retrospect a rather undignified context. My father took me to a semi-pro baseball game at the House of David in Benton Harbor. I don't remember what teams were playing, but they had a bit of entertainment on the side, at some point during the game. Jesse Owens mimicking a race. That is, there was no one else, just him running along the first base line. Going around putting on pointless exhibitions at semi-pro baseball games -- some reward.

Carrol